We, the members of Jonathan Dayton High School’s educational community, are dedicated to developing a body of knowledge and high ethical standards that will enable our students to thrive in a rapidly changing and increasingly diverse society. We will achieve our mission by offering a comprehensive, rigorous set of courses and activities while demonstrating the highest degree of mutual respect, commitment and professionalism.
We believe that…
- Students are entitled to an intellectually, emotionally and physically safe environment.
- All students can learn and are capable of succeeding at a high level.
- Teachers attend to each student’s individual learning style.
- It is important to respect the cultural heritage of every individual and the diversity of the student body.
- A commitment to life-long learning is critical to success in high school.
- Helping students develop strong character is an important responsibility of high school teachers and administrators.
- Personal development encompasses respect, resilience and self-worth.
- Academic integrity is the foundation on which any learning institution is founded.
- The development of self-reliance and independence is essential.
- Talent can be expressed through academics, the arts and athletics.
- Good citizenship in the school, community, nation and world is a necessary component in complete character development.
- Community service promotes personal growth as well as civic engagement in society.